Looking for healthy recipes to make for your family this Thanksgiving? Here is a cranberry relish recipe that is super easy, ready in no time and does not require any cooking. And, NO ADDED SUGAR, as it is naturally sweetened with apple and dates.This will serve as a nice palette cleanser to complement your turkey!
Fresh cranberries look so gorgeous. You can add them to your salads or preserve them in the freezer. They are low in sugar, and their tartness is usually balanced by adding sugar, which also adds a lot of empty calories. Apple and dates in right amounts can sweeten the cranberries while retaining their tartness. Cranberries provide a small amount of vitamin C.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 apple
- 5 deglet noor dates
- Rinse the fruits.
- Slice the apples and pass all ingredients through a blender. Be careful not to turn it into a puree.
- Serve with or without some coarsely ground walnuts or pecans.
- You can substitute the dates with an extra apple.
- If you prefer a wet/ juicy relish- add about 0.5 cup of freshly squeezed orange or pomegranate juice.
- This is a very basic relish recipe, however you can enhance it by adding salt, black pepper or some ginger powder. Walnuts & pecans can also go well with this recipe.